SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Conservation Police remind hunters, boaters, and campers to be aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide (CO) produced by portable heaters and generators. As the weather cools, outdoorsmen and women often rely on portable heating devices to stay warm during fall hunting and fishing trips. The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) urges the use of carbon monoxide detectors in enclosed spaces and recommends equipment be inspected to be sure it is operable prior to use.

Read the full story here.